fot

[Fot] Some Goodwood Revival pictures

To: Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Some Goodwood Revival pictures
From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:19:00 -0800
Finally am getting around to posting a few pictures form Goodwood Revival.
Three are of a 1964 TR4 "SLR ".  This group was small bore endoro cars that
often had extensive rebody work done.  In the case of this car, it was a
total rebody.   Friend of the TR250K I guess.  It did race in the early 60's
in England.
   Driven by owner Tony Griffen.  He was running 10th when he dropped out on
lap 6.  The car that won was the ugliest sports car I have ever seen. A
   rebodied Mini called a "Mini Dart".  It is the leftmost car behind the
one with the lips in the group shot.

Goodwood was fantastic.  Great costumes.  I did the best I coulddressing,
but really did not have the duds.  IF you ever go, there are several vendor
stands selling vintage close.  IF you wear a white mechanics outfit you can
easily get into the pits.  They were out of my size by Sunday -- though I
have bought one since.  Will make a great flagger's outfit.  Would need a
real clean shop and car to wear one for actual mechanic work.  Lots of the
guys did have them on and many showed extreme oil leaks!

Great car and motorcycle racing.  Very spirited.
   There was one race for 60-64 Closed Cockpit GT cars that required a
driver
   change. At one point the drivers included Jackie Oliver, David Hobbs,
Brian
   Redman, and Bobby Rahal. None figured in the win which was a 1963 Ferrari
   330 LMB driven by  Bobby Verdon-Roe.  My personal highlight was following
   Jackie Stewart through the tunnel and watching all the people coming the
   other way see and recognize him.  Great guy as he shook anyone's hand
that
   was offered.
   The photos are at:
   http://picasaweb.google.com/Triosan/TriumphsAtGoodwood#