fot

Re: [Fot] FOT badge-WOW

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FOT badge-WOW
From: Christopher Bock <SeaCubeCo@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:53:38 -0500
The badges have a brass base the rest is GOLD plated, front and back.

I think putting a coating on isn't needed
Chris
On Dec 15, 2010, at 11:17 AM, "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 12/15/10 7:38 AM, Craig wrote:
>> Where are you guys going put the badge?
>>
> When I lived near Monterey, my TR3 had a Monterey British motors license
frame in back and a 1960 Del Monte Forest entrance badge on the side of the
grille.  Now that I'm in Arizona, the new FOT badge will replace the Del Monte
Forest badge on the side of grille.  I figure one badge up front is plenty.
>> I have so many badges and dish plaque from over the years
> I'm guilty of throwing away my event plaques and judging placement plates,
plaques, ribbons & such during my last two moves.  I never could find an
attractive way to display them when I would prefer to display my photography
instead.  And it seemed like the only time I opened the box they were in was
when I was moving.  About the only things I've kept as been event posters,
Monterey historics programmes, and a couple club grille badges which are in a
box that only gets seen when I move.

> FOT BADGE QUESTION:
>
> Is the brass just polished or is it polished AND clear coated??  If it has
not been clear coated I'm thinking of clear coating mine prior to mounting &
exposing it to the elements.