fot

[Fot] FW: What engine do I have?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] FW: What engine do I have?
From: "Robert MacKenzie" <list@mackenzie.aero>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:54:00 -0600
Can somebody help this gentleman out?

Thanks!

From: John Gustin [mailto:jgustin351c@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 8:15 AM
To: president@hillcountrytriumphclub.org
Subject: What engine do I have?

I hope you someone can give me some help with my car. My name is Eric and I
live about 45 minutes north of houston on 59 in a small town called
shepherd. I bought a 1972 gt6 a while back and have slowely been working on
it. Ive encountered some oddities while ordering parts like the points i
ordered are nothing like what are on the car now. the carbs are held about
an inch higher than hood clearance forcing me to put a hood bulge on the car
to accommodate the extraheight...they are also 175cds instead of the 150
that are supposed to be on the car. I was doing some investigating on my own
about engine numbers and such and it appears that I actually have a 2.5L
TR250 motor in the car instead of the 2L gt6 motor. that would explain the
larger carbs and the extra height and the distributor difference. I would
really just appreciate any info that a Triumph enthusiast could give me.
Also, I am sending a pic of the distributor. its got an odd dual vacume
setup which ive never seen before. Have you ever seen a distributor like
this? Is it factory equipment for a TR250? Im including stamped numbers
includong the cars VIN. Any help at all is very much appreciated.

engine# CC8351OUE

Head# V3267
          312388
           218227

Intake# V3265
             88312187 DD1

Disttributor# 41306B
                    19-70

VIN# KF4479 L O

engine number.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of head
number.jpg]

intake numbers.jpg]

distributor.jpg]
fot@autox.team.net