fot

[Fot] Speaking of Alley Engine Plates

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Speaking of Alley Engine Plates
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 07:07:43 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Even though I got one of the original aluminium engine plates, I've yet to
install them, yet. However, Khartu has a New Year's Resolution to loose
some weight, so the plate will be installed in the next few weeks.

The question is: are folks painting these plates (or anodizing, etc.)?

I have to be honest, I don't think I've even noticed that folks have
installed these on the cars that I've looked at, so that tells me that
"we" aren't polishing them before installing...

If folks are painting, please share what you're using as a primer bacause
I have really crappy luck with getting paint to stick to aluminium.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
2010 NER Solo Chair                            |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive