fot

Re: [Fot] Trunion seals

To: "'Charly Mitchel'" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>, "'Friends'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Trunion seals
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:58:09 -0700
BPNW has it listed for $22.00 per side.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: fot-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:fot-bounces@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Charly Mitchel
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 9:22 AM
To: Friends
Subject: [Fot] Trunion seals

Good day all,
I'm rebuilding my TR6 front suspension and I've got all the bushings and for
the inner joints and I'm looking for a solution to the trunion pivot seal
parts.  The stock system consists of a distance tube, a nylon bushing, a
flat
washer, a 'o' ring and a cupped washer on each side of the lower wishbone
arm.
The equates to 18 pieces to make up this seal/joint.  I don't see a trunion
bushing/seal kit available from the major suppliers, i.e. Moss, VB, TRF,
BPNW
etc.
Is there a easier better way?  I believe these are the same on all TR's and
Spits and maybe other Triumphs.  What are you guys doing for your racecars?

Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44