fot

[Fot] sometimes it runs, and then...

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] sometimes it runs, and then...
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 19:53:23 -0800 (PST)
Still working the bugs out of my GT6 re-build from last September. Spent
November at TWS working all weekend long trying to get the car 'dialed in'. I
was registering either no temp on an EGR meter or all about way too hot on both
EGT meters. I've rebuilt a new intake manifold and just got my carb's back this
month from Joe Curto who prepared them when the car was first built. I
suspected
faulty temp probes or EGT guage so I ordered a new set from Pegasus.  I also
bought a couple of nice Kas designed velocity stacks and filters from Joe...
all
looks so very nice...
The leads must have been faulty because today when I started the car initially,
all the temps were in the lower scale, good! Then... the car dies. It did this
the other day. Runs, and then just dies. I check the coil the other day by
trying to short the lead when firing... nothing,, nothing,, the spark... the
car
fired up.
Same thing tonight, starts right up, runs for about a minute, then dies,,, no
spark at the coil. I have two MSD 6A's and two MSD coil blasters.. the car did
this about a year ago at TWS and I changed out the MSD 6A and the ran. I sent
the old 6A to the factory and it came back 'BENCH TESTED GOOD, NO FAULTS' ...
so... I'm not an electrical engineer, what am I missing.. I think I'll try to
look at the switches tomorrow and see if there is something loose there... any
ideas why I'm having intermittent problems guys?

Bobby Whitehead
#39 DP Triumph GT6+ CVAR Group 7