fot

[Fot] Nomination

To: FOT <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Nomination
From: "Don Marshall" <donmarshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 13:40:05 -0500
I'd like to nominate John Hasty for membership in our esteemed group.  He
has recently started racing a well prepared TR3 here in the southeast and
will be joining us in the Triumph Ghetto at VIR next month.  Mark, his
email address is jhhasty@gdhs.com.

The following excerpt is from an email he sent me.  I'm sure he'll be a
good addition to our group. Can I get a second?  Don

  "I've been into racing most anything that has a motor and wheels
since the 40's when in high school building hot rods. Took off a few years
while in college, but beginning in 1959 bought my first sports car, an
Austin Healy 3000 w/o a jump seat, next a MGB, then a Porsche 912, then a
Merc 280SL, now an Alfa Spider for the street and my TR3A for the track.
Crewed for a friend in the 60's with a bug-eye sprite in SCCA events then
got into motorcycles. I road motorcycle road-racers for about 10 years and
when I retired from riding, built and tuned 250cc GP road-racers with a
rider on the AMA pro circuit for about 7 years. We did pretty well, never
finished worse than 5th. in overall standings and won the national
championship in 1990. My good friend Ceasar Cone got me back into sports
car racing and when it came time to buy a car I decided that if I was going
vintage racing I wanted a truly vintage car and I think the TR3A is a
perfect truly vintage car.
  A little history on the TR3A. I have been able to trace its history
back to 1988 when it was found in a hanger already prepared as a race car
by
a young man in Denver CO. It then went to the Dallas TX area, back to
Denver
and then to Tulsa OK where I got the car. I am now the 6th. Owner since
1988. I have documented over 75 races the car has been in mostly in the
Midwest with CVRA, VSCDA, RMVA, at tracks such as Texas World, Hallet,
Second Creek, Casper, Stapleton, Steam Boat Springs, Copper Mountain,
Eagles
Canyon, Blackhawk Farms. It ventured east a few times to Road America and
with SVRA at Mid Ohio and Watkins Glen."
--
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html