fot

[Fot] TR6 sway bars..

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 sway bars..
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:56:20 -0800 (PST)
While I'm waiting for parts to come in for brakes, I decided to install some
Aadco sway bars I bought a few years back. The rear bar went on pretty easily,
there are a couple of large washers on each side of the trailing arm where the
spring sets down inside. I was able to move the long bolts and washers in from
the bottom side of the trailing arm. With 4 washers I guess it will seat and
hold well. The install was pretty simple.
Now, I'm on the front sway bar and I've removed the radiator and the old
hardware and bar. These dang end links are puny to begin with. Even the mount
the lower A arm is bent and kind of flimsy.
So what is the cool upgrade end link and maybe beefed up attachment to the A
arms that might actually push back and hold under cornering?
BTW.. GT6 is in the shop with British Auto in Fort Worth... I never did get it
dialed in right with my knuckle smacking nuts and bolts knowledge...  The
SU175's were a little lean and the fuel bowl level wasn't just exactly right.
Compression was on the low side too around 120-130...  so, initially, I may not
have lined up the cam just right, not knowing exactly how to do it... I did it
the best I could by my shop manual and novice mechanic skills. It's been a
decade since I assembled an engine, and that was mostly stock... so, I'm hoping
it's just an alignment issue...  we'll see and I'll post soon...
All the best ....   Bobby Whitehead
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html