fot

[Fot] GT6 Build

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] GT6 Build
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:27:28 -0700 (PDT)
I posted a few weeks back about my GT6 build and attempt to get the car back
and
racing. My pilot buddy tells me not to beat myself up, because , you know ,
"the
car did run after you rebuilt it right?"  Yes.. I got the car back together on
the first engine I've tried to assemble in about 10 years..

First, I didn't understand the exact parameters of setting the timing up
exactly
on the cam. So, Lloyd over there at British Auto got the timing cover off and
re-addressed the alignment and timing issue. Resolved.
The other issue Lloyd discovered was the harmonic balancer  was off about 22
degrees. A rebuilt HB that had been misaligned apparently. Guess that could
throw off a novice like me too...  So.. that's resolved.

Rebuilt and assembled my engine 08-10-2010.. tried to run TWS 11-2010.. I've
missed the first race weekend of this year, but now I think I've go the GT6
dialed in a bit now..
I still have low-ish compression of about 135-140lbs, but I'm not running a
zero
deck block and my head is not aggressively shaved either.

Going to do dyno runs at Speed Tech later this week for shits and giggles. I'll
post those results!

(If I don't blow it up)

Guess I'm doing the Lemons with Bob Kramer and the Kramer Krew at ECL this next
month... my first...

All the best, FOT forever!
Bobby Whitehead
fot@autox.team.net