fot

[Fot] TR3/4 pistons

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3/4 pistons
From: "Alexandre Camoletti" <ac@camoletti.ch>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:17:20 +0200
Amici,

Still prepping my TR3 engine, and now the liners and pistons are questioned,
and may need replacement.
Currently engine has the 86mm+.040'' cast aluminium Mahle with steel belt,
you know the heavy ones (heavier than stock) and liners, but liners are out
of round (of 0.03mm-ie over 0.001''), pistons are OK.
Engine is blueprinted in all details and prepped for long distance road
events.
What piston and liners did you have good experience with (in 86 or 87mm)?
Should I go for aluminium (forged or cast?), or iron ?
I have seen there are several brands.
For instance Cambridge sells JE pistons and "comp specs" liners.
What about these JE pistons?
or ARIAS, or CD, or HEPOLITE (are these still made?)
or the forged MAHLE (expensive at 250 Euros each, but very light)
Thank you for your thoughts and experience feedback!
And happy Easter!
Alex
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com