fot

[Fot] which comes first, the Spitfire Racecar or the GT6 Racecar?

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] which comes first, the Spitfire Racecar or the GT6 Racecar?
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 09:42:58 -0700 (PDT)
In my struggle with depression I decided NOT to call my Doctor...  (are you as
tired as I am over those commercials?) .. Instead I'm gathering up my big boy
britches and moving forward on both projects.

GT6.. seems I have a block that was already line bored for cam bearings. I'll
be
on the hunt for putting that one together first. I can come back to the block
that will need re - sleeved later in my depression recovery.

Spitfire ... seems the 1965 Spitwad has a 1500 engine in it. Once I get it sort
of dialed in, I'm sure CVAR will let me run it a few events with the non-period
correct 1500. So... I'm in the hunt for a period correct 1296 (1300?) Spitfire
engine. Isn't the small journal engine desired? High rev potential?

Does anybody have a 1296 engine they would like to sell?

TR6 ...   driving the beauty up to Eagles Canyon Raceway this weekend to
wrench,
crew, whine, and drink beer and have a gathering of drunk nighthawks in the
garage area when I break out the guitar for a round chorus of CoomBaYaa.

Small Bore British Classic this weekend ... the Grandson of Healey will be
there
from England as well a gaggle of other British dignitaries ...  should be fun
... even if I'm not racing...  I'll be sleeping on the concrete with 5 other
Triumphs!
I've got 99972 miles on the TR6 so I think I'm going to set the GoPro on the
roll bar and YouTube the 100,000 mile mark on the hills north of my house on
FM730 early Friday morning headed up to ECR in Decatur Texas. Enjoy!

Bobby Whitehead  ... Triple Dose of Triumph 'har Doctor?
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive