fot

Re: [Fot] which comes first,

To: igofaster@att.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] which comes first,
From: Andrew Mace <herald948@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:22:07 -0400 (EDT)
-----Original Message-----

From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>

 Spitfire ... seems the 1965 Spitwad has a 1500 engine in it. Once I get it
sort of dialed in, I'm sure CVAR will let me run it a few events with the
non-period correct 1500. So... I'm in the hunt for a period correct 1296
(1300?) Spitfire engine. Isn't the small journal engine desired? High rev
potential? --Andy Mace

==AM==
I admit that, as merely a retired Spitfire autocrosser and Herald nut, I know
next to nothing about any of the sanctioning bodies
and their rules. But a 1965 Spitfire (FC prefix if you still have a commission
plate on it) would have had the 1147cc engine originally!

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?

*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html