fot

[Fot] Nomination & Question for a friend

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Nomination & Question for a friend
From: "Spitfire Racing" <Spitfire_Racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:54:27 -0400
(resent due to prior error message)

This is twofold;

FOT NOMINATION:

First I would like to present Bill Rampe from the Rochester, NY area for
membership to the great unwashed and get him added to the list. Bill races a
Spitfire and has recently upgraded to an FE engine from a FC (that's
Spitfire talk for more power!). Bill is good people and can always be seen
with a grin from ear to ear after a good ride. Many of us  have spent time
with him at Mosport; Watkins Glen and Summit Point.

So, if I can get a second on this we can include him in our ranks and
prattle. An honor to call him friend!

--------

Second is a question I pose on Bill's behalf. He had a flywheel failure at
The Jefferson 500 where it sounds as though the center of the aluminum
flywheel broke apart. He has a new "Fidenza" aluminum flywheel on the shelf
and is wondering if anyone has any experience with them before he uses it on
his rebuild. I have used Tiltons in the past and also uprated the attachment
to eight socket head cap screws. Any input out there from those racing.
We're not talking street car stuff here please. Huge differences between a
4000rpm street ride and an 8000rpm race engine!

Thanks from Bill (wmrampe@yahoo.com)

Russ Moore

Spitfire #49
fot@autox.team.net