fot

[Fot] Last Minute Entries for the Kastner Cup

To: FOT <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Last Minute Entries for the Kastner Cup
From: John Nikas <capecoventryracing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 16:08:31 -0700
Gentlemen:

The upcoming event is shaping up to be the largest ever gathering for the
Kastner Cup with over 22 confirmed entries with a few more last minute
participants hopefully able to attend. When we first approached HMSA over a
year ago with the desire to hold the event at Laguna Seca we were
enthusiastically received. Unfortunately, we were not told what the entry
fee was until after we had committed to attend. The Kastner Cup committee
was very, very unhappy with the $650 entry fee but were told that such was
the expense of running without a sound restriction at Laguna Seca and with
the class of cars expected at an HMSA event. No doubt that cost plus the
unexpected ailments of Messrs. Miller, Babcock, et al., have conspired to
hold down entries. We had originally hoped for 40 or more cars and we would
still like to reach for close to that number. We have not received a
schedule from HMSA but if there is any possibility whatsoever in making it
we would love to have you. The West Coast FOT contingent in well known for
their hospitality and banter and we will do everything in our power to make
this an event to remember.  It is still possible to register for the event
and for those completing last minute repairs you can always show up and pay
on arrival. Many of the cars competing at the Rolex Historics at Sonoma the
weekend before will also be competing at the HMSA event with several cars
also being flown in from Europe to participate so we should have a paddock
full of truly historic cars on hand. California weather is expected to be on
the cool side with temperatures of 76 degrees and clear skies so dress
warmly! We hope to see you there. If you think you might be able to make it
please let me know so we can work around logistics to ensure a great time.
 Thanks.

--
Very truly yours,

John Nikas