fot

Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup

To: Geoff Byrne <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>, Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup
From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:35:45 -0700
That is cool Geoff.  We need to get your pics where we can see them also!
 The actual race was won by Tony Garmey in the TR250K -- ran away from the
field and won by over 30 seconds.  Tony Drews claims he missed a shift
coming out of the last corner and that allowed  Bill Hart in the Devin
Triumph to overrcome him for 4th place.  Greg Solow in his Mogan proved
strong enough to keep Modrdy Dunst an his hot TR4 fromever takingover 2nd.
That was a great battle the entire race -- and since Garmey was so far ahead
it w3as like for first.  By the way, Bill Hart [and the Garmey prepared
Devin] have gotten much better and faster.  He slowly but surely overcame
over a 300 yard lead by Drews so as to be in position to overtake right at
the finish line.  Charley Nitchell in his TR6 and Jim Frymark in his TR4 had
a great battle the entire race -- lots of side by side.  Charly told ne he
pulled off a pass on about lap 5 of the about 10 lap race entering the
corkscrew!  Really fun, sure hope to be init next year from the road instead
of the fence.

Chuck Arnold
 [who watched, but had no camera or car for this years K cup.]