fot

[Fot] KASTNER CUP LAGUNA SECA ..SPITFIRE REPORT..TUESDAY

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] KASTNER CUP LAGUNA SECA ..SPITFIRE REPORT..TUESDAY
From: "RACER BUD" <budscars@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 19:18:51 -0700
Just briefly...

There were 5 Spitfires..
by #

JIM NORLIN..White Car #3
STAN RINNE.Black Car #5
BUD DELAUER Blue car #21
TOM TURNER..Red Car #43
STEPHAN HARE yellow Car #85

The first race on Tuesday showed very close competition all around..Stan & Jim
were having a close battle til' the end..nose to bumper..

Bud & Tom had a great battle with lots of passing...Stephan was chomping at
the bit as he moved up on us

results

STAN..JIM....BUD..TOM..STEPHAN

2nd race tuesday

Stan didn't race because of an oil leak...

Jim was winner..led by a bunch the whole way

Tom, Stephan and Bud had a terrific race..
Bud and Tom were doing lots of passing each other while Stephan methodicaly
got closer and closer as Bud and Tom were paying attention to their battle...I
dove inside Tom just before the apex to turn #6...Tom held his line and I had
to back off, which threw me way off of my line so I understeered to the
outside of the track and a tiny bit further(the dirt)..Tom got away..I checked
my mirrors, and there was Stephan..right on my ass!..Up the hill..down the
hill..into #11..there he is, filling my mirrors...I'd pull away on the long
straight...by the time we got back around the track that damn yellow car was
again getting ready to 'eat me'..I was just waiting for the starter to give
the 1 lap finger...Finally it came..That's the time in a race when all the
promises we make to ourselves to not 'break the car' are cast to reckless
abandon..Stephan was in my mirror that entire last lap, and gaining, gaining,
gaining..turn #11..he's right on me..I out dragged him to the checkered...
What a Race!

I'd like to add that everyone in All of the Triumphs drove extremely well...I
truly felt confident that I was racing with people whom I could trust...
(i guess this wasn't such a brief report after all.(:>)
Racer bud..spitfire #21
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html