fot

Re: [Fot] Shade Tree Mechanics sans Shade Tree REDUX

To: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Shade Tree Mechanics sans Shade Tree REDUX
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:00:08 -0700
It was fun seeing that. When I built Nero I made the top of the rear door into
a track and built a roller bogie that can be assembled onto it with a gate
pulley. You run the winch cable over the gate pulley and to a block that gives
2-1 mechanical advantage. Pull the car up the ramp, hook on a engine tilting
thingy and presto, electric engine crane. Worked great at VIR when I had to
replace the clutch. Actually easier than the engine crane in my shop. I
suspect most trailers could be so equipped if the door frame is strong enough.
I built Nero's frame out of welded aluminum plate, and was a little nervous
but it didn't shift a millimeter.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html