fot

[Fot] New Product

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] New Product
From: "Walter Hollowell" <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:12:09 -0600
With reference to what used to be the "winter blend" of ethanol in our pump
gas there is a new additive out I wish to share with FOT members.

Now ethanol is a year-long deal and even  though the stock Triumph engines
are a relatively low compression design and can usually will

Tolerate this blend once you start decking the block and start cutting the
head to get the compression up you must deal with vapor-lock and other

Problems with ethanol In our pump gas. Well- STA-Bil has a new product out
called "Ethanol Treatment".  I heard about this product and went to

NAPA and at first was told there was no such item then got a call back that
they did have it at one of their stores . I picked up a couple of bottles

And will give it a try in my daily driver kit Cobra which has a 347ci
stroker engine in it at 11:1 compression with a 700 Holley double pumper
carb on it.  The last

Few hot days my replica-Cobra has struggled with our ethanol blended 91 pump
octane gas. My 1970
TR6 vintage is at 13:1 compression so I have to use 110 octane racing fuel
in it so ethanol  is not an issue.

FYI

Walt Hollowell

ABQ, NM