fot

[Fot] Blackhawk Farms a success

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Blackhawk Farms a success
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:46:51 -0400
 Our report...there should be more from others.

1st outing with new engine since failure at Topeka

Heat soaking a declining coil brought #197 in to the paddock after five laps
for two of the races.

Replaced coil with one loaned by Scott Barr and it was gang busters for the
one hour enduro.

Sean was down to 1:29 during the enduro and running consistent lap times.

Notably......son Mark ran Blackhawk for the first time in almost 20 years and
has had limited track time anywhere since. He ran 1:33s immediately and ran
1:31s as his best lap.   This is pretty impressive, methinks.  Mark's
back.....!!!

Lessons learned....20 year coil should have been replaced long ago. duh!

Father's Day had 9 Alexanders and three generations at the track and frequent
FOT visitors to our paddock campsite.  Very cool!

New engine dry with superior engine assembly by Sean and Brendan....and
crankcase vacuum system. Looks like we are in the business of vintage racing
with Brendan coming along in the next couple of years.

Now to focus on the AMBRO and the 10th Running of the Kastner Cup at Road
Atlanta.

Joe, Sean, Mark, Brendan
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com