fot

[Fot] travel through Canada

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] travel through Canada
From: "Spitfire Racing" <spitfire_racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 06:13:05 -0400
It's no big deal. We do it every year when we race at Mosport. There are
limits on the amount of alcohol you can carry which are on the customs web
site. They will want to know if you're going to leave anything in Canada;
gifts; any weapons (no guns; knives; mace; explosives) etc. Where are you
going and for what purpose and when you will be leaving Canada. Two years
ago they x-rayed our trailer and motorhome (we stood away from it) but had
us on our way shortly. Our Canadian friends said the x-ray rig was a new
purchase and they had to justify it by using it. For the past few years I
also have a fairly accurate list of all the tools; fluids and spares I carry
in the enclosed trailer along with my racing log book that shows 22 years of
ownership of the car.
It's not a problem.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49