fot

Re: [Fot] What devices are you using?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] What devices are you using?
From: Jim Norlin <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:32:42 -0700
I use an ancient UniSyn for setting idle, but the hose works pretty well
also.  However, that is just for idle and balancing.  For racing
purposes you need an exhaust gas sniffer, exhaust temp probes for each
carb,  a chassis dyno and a dyno operator that knows race car tuning.
Cheapest horsepower you will ever get and the peace of mind knowing that
you're not going to burn a hole in a piston.  I also run an EGT probe
all the time to help me make minor changes (a couple of flats up or
down) to the SU's based on temperature, humidity and altitude changes.