fot

Re: [Fot] Subject: Colortune spark plugs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Subject: Colortune spark plugs
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 01:33:21 -0400 (EDT)
I first tried the colortune after the then "The Autocar" had a  positive
test of it in the early 70s.
For a street car with SUs (or Stroms) it is great, because a  production
car with SUs has the proper mixture set at idle, and the properly  maintained
carb deals with the rest.  I have used it to help tune (the  carbs are the
last thing to adjust) a few hundred cars.  My  1967 tow  car would make the
Calif emission testers look on in wonder with the 3 SUs  purring away with
very low emissions, and it still purrs at 257,000  miles. You can see a
fraction of a SU "flat" adjustment.  Applied  physics.
 The instructions make it clear that it is not to be used at high
RPM/load.   NFI

Hardy