fot

Re: [Fot] Subject: Quaife and 4.1 Installation Issues TR3

To: barry@penybryn.ca
Subject: Re: [Fot] Subject: Quaife and 4.1 Installation Issues TR3
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:33:38 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Barry,

Where did you find the 4.1 R & P?

The pinion head bearing (factory PN# 100897) was Timken cup 3120, but the
inner race was 3188-S.  The "S" denotes a modification from normal.   The OD
of the pinion shaft was a size that required a slightly oversize ID in  the
brg.  This is the most important brg. in a TR diff. setup.

TR Regards,

Hardy

In a message dated 7/11/2011 3:58:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,