fot

[Fot] BeaveRun

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] BeaveRun
From: "william r tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:53:20 -0400
Hi Gang, here's a recap of the PVGP event this past weekend.
David Miller did well in his quick red TR4; a couple seconds off the pace.
Dale Oesterle is always quick in his very yellow Spit.
The Ambro of Robert Stadel is a very nice car (I usually see it from behind);
he talked with my friend Janet and myself Sunday morning.
I'm not sure how Bill Rampe made out; I lost track in all the excitement. I
know he made Marty Sukey's weekend by loaning a radiator.
Marty had fun, learned a lot, and got some valuable experience.
I'm not sure who else was there, I only had sheets for group 4.
Me, I had a great weekend. The only thing I did all weekend, other than
checking pressures, lug nuts, and oil, was pull the drums a couple times and
blow the dust out. Other than that, the old 6 ran great. The engine is
starting to run well after some carb issues last year; pulls easily up to 6K
(or beyond). This was the 4th race ofter the rebuild.
The handling is getting better and the driver is always improving!
I ran with a Pinto, Bathtub Porsche, and MGB, and a 2002 all weekend. Beat
them all in the final race! YEEHAW! Especially the 356. I talked with the
driver after the race and he also had a good time and was very complimentary.
My old tractor engine had more grunt on the straights than his 4 cylinder. The
young BMW owner also came over after the race; he also had fun. That's the
name of the game.
After 3 or 4 years of being at the back, it's nice to be moving up! Marty,
you'll do the same; keep working on it!
Cheers, Bill
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com