fot

Re: [Fot] sealing TR4 rear main cap

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] sealing TR4 rear main cap
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:50:09 -0500
I guess it all depends on the crank dimensions. I have an incorrect crank
dimension on a
TR4 due to a machine shop error. I sanded down the aluminum pieces to
tighten up the fit, trimmed the seal and shortened the spring. It still
leaks but the PO had vented the crankcase to the exhaust pipe and I'm
thinking that suction keeps it manageable.

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi