fot

Re: [Fot] RiffRAF Racing 24 hrs of VIR update

To: tedtsimx@bright.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] RiffRAF Racing 24 hrs of VIR update
From: LimeyV8@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:21:22 -0400 (EDT)
The last few hours of the race were really "interesting" - on-line  timing
and scoring (which most of us were able to follow on our stupid smart
phones throughout most of the race) went dark in the last hour of the race, but

we THINK we finished 19th
remarkable, considering that Sunday morning we
- tore the center out of the left front wheel (Jamie  driving)
- completely wore out the front brake pads and blew a piston out of a
caliper - replaced both brake calipers in our lengthiest pit stop of the race
(me driving)
- had a right rear tire go suddenly flat when somebody got close  enough on
track to shear off the valve stem (Wayne Andrews driving)

- oh yeah - we lost the starter before the sun came up on Sunday,  but this
was a barely a minor inconvenience since the car can be push  started in
about 3 feet in first gear and I don't believe anybody went off track  bad
enough to stall the car throughout the whole 24 hours...okay, 27 hours, if  you
count the track reconfiguration breaks and the lightening delay

So - at the end of the event we drove a mostly unscathed, still good
running car back on the trailer and all went home smiling with a top 20
finish.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

In a message dated 7/31/2011 11:55:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,