fot

[Fot] FW: 1965 Sebring ...

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>, fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] FW: 1965 Sebring ...
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 00:27:36 +0000
This is the 1965 race for the factory Spitfire coupes that I ran that year.
This is the time the right rear tire floated away in the pits during a tire
change to wet tires.  Fun now to see, but terrible then. I had a cheap  cowboy
hat and it kind of melted and hung down over my ears when Jim Hall went out of
the pits and covered me with a wave of water. Bolton had crashed the lead
Spitfire on the 5th lap  but the other two cars finished for second and third
in the catagory.

Never be beaten by equipment