fot

[Fot] Valve Guides

To: triumph fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Valve Guides
From: cofrog@q.com
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 16:06:13 -0400 (EDT)
I see no advantage is using the bronze valve guides, especially considering the
obvious down sides per Randall and Joe's input. Clearancing the bronze guides
may be "common knowledge" to those having some experience with our motors but
what of folks that have none? Even if a machine shop recognizes that bronze
guides need clearancing would they assume the parts supplier were providing
proper clearanced ones? I can see folks seeing the bronze units are more
expensive and. they assume them to be superior to the iron ones. I've never
seen any documentation from the suppliers of the bronze guides warning the
buyer to modify their brand new parts before using them.

I've run iron guides in the TR4 street car for years upon years w/o having to
replace them and also run them in the TR4 race car which never has the mileage
to wear them out anyway Too many pitfalls for no real gain over the stock ones.

Dan Forgey
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html