fot

Re: [Fot] 11.11.11

To: "'Ernest Husmann'" <ehusmann53@yahoo.com>, "'FOT'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] 11.11.11
From: "Craig" <wensley_tr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:58:22 -0500
The Admiral

You just have to appreciate this one.
Young people forget that we older people had a career before we retired.....
.

Charley, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to
work on time.
Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really
tidy, clean-shaven,
sharp-minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating
their
"Older Person Friendly" policies.

One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.

"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job
when you finally get here; but your being late so often is quite
bothersome."

"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear.

Yes sir, I understand your concern and I will try harder.

Seeming puzzled, the manager went on to comment, I know you're retired from
the
Armed Forces. What did they say to you there if you showed up in the morning
late so often?"

The old man looked down at the floor, then smiled. He chuckled quietly, then
said with a grin,

"They usually saluted and said, Good morning, Admiral, can I get your
coffee, sir!
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html