fot

Re: [Fot] Hutchens Rage Hybrid reviews

To: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hutchens Rage Hybrid reviews
From: Don Marshall <donmarshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:11:25 -0500
My understanding has always been that the HANS protects us in a straight
line impact only.  I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the problem with
using F1, Nascar, etc. as examples of why the HANS is right for us is that
their cars provide extra protection from side to side head movement, either
by the halo type seat in Nascar or the tight cockpit sides in F1.  Our
vintage cars don't have anything like that to reduce the side to side head
movement we would experience in a non-frontal collision.  That's why I was
asking about is anyone had any experience with the Simpson Hybrid device,
which supposedly has straps that limit the side to side movement as well as
the straight ahead movement.  Based on the lack of responses, it doesn't
appear that anyone on FOT is using one so I might have to be the guinea
pig.  Don