fot

[Fot] Mitty Update

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Mitty Update
From: <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 05:55:17 -0500
Alrighty boys and girls, it's time to talk details on the Mitty!!!

I have finally started working the fot-racing.com website and will update
the Mitty pages as new information comes in.

Registration should open this week, but we are at the mercy of HSR on that.
I ask that everybody that is pretty sure they are attending to register
ASAP. This will help us on a couple fronts. We have been promised our own
run group, but we all know how that goes. If we get 25-30 paid registrations
in HSR's hands within the first week of registration opening, we will be
assured a non-diluted run group all weekend and I can knock the run group
item off my plate.

HSR has agreed to allowing multiple drivers in one car for one registration
fee. The second driver may have a token fee, we are working the details out.

Also getting worked out is what our discounted fee will actually be!

There is no multiple car discount, .every car entered will be paying a full
FOT rate.

Classic Motorsports will be reserving the entire pro paddock for Triumph use
only. There will be plenty of room for us racers, no need to be concerned
about parking. Also in the pro paddock will be the VTR activities. There are
two VTR Regionals happening at the Mitty, and we will be sharing the pro
paddock with the Triumph shiners. Make them feel welcome, try to sell them
that old Triumph race car in the back of your shop and get them out there
with us! These guys may be our best bet for keeping our sport alive!

HSR will be sending a roving Tech person over to us, so no need to drive
over the bridge to get our cars teched.

Car prep is the same as prior Kastner Cup events. All Triumph powered cars
are eligible to run, but must be prepared to some sanctioning body's
specification. Only cars prepared to Vintage specification will be eligible
to win the Kastner Cup. You must run tires that are approved by the rules
you are prepped for.

HSR absolutely requires some form of approved head and neck restraint. The
HANS Device is approved, but I suggest anybody running a variant should
contact HSR for clarification.

HSR helmet rules require Snell 2005, so check your helmets now!

While you are looking at your safety gear, look at the dates on your seat
belts. HSR will NOT allow cars on track with belts over 5 years old. No
exceptions.

Two other notables are arm restraints or window nets (if applicable) are
required, and your exteranl cut off switch MUST shut off the engine.

Feel free to direct any questions directly to me. Looking forward to seeing
everybody in Atlanta!

Henry
yellow04@tr4racer.com
fot@autox.team.net