fot

Re: [Fot] mitty

To: n197tr4@cs.com, toodamnfunky@comcast.net, lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [Fot] mitty
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:13:34 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 02/15/2012 9:47:43 AM Central Standard Time,
n197tr4@cs.com writes:

> there may be 'courtesy' waivers in consideration of the Kastner Cup, as
> in
> the past. But this needs to be addressed by Chairman Henry and HSR,

Many, if not most, vintage sanctioning bodies will not allow slicks and
treaded tires in the same race group.  And with good reason.  I can remember
standing next to Stirling Moss at the first Blackhawk Vintage Classic event.
At the Drivers Meeting the Chief Steward had referenced the rule in answer
to a question, and Stirling said something to the effect of, "Good Rule!  You
race with treaded tires and are chasing a car on slicks...you'll soon
forget that they can do stuff you can't do.  Bad idea."  It was a very
interesting Drivers Meeting, and Moss was also very vocal about other aspects
including 'overtaking'.  It was great to have such a great Honorary Grand
Marshall
at a local club track like Blackhawk Farms.  This especially since he was
going to race with us.  He was part of the paddock all week end long, and VERY
approachable, but it was clear to me that he had concerns about sharing the
track with a bunch of amateurs.  But it worked out great.  All had a good
time.  Even Stirling Moss.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com