fot

Re: [Fot] Group 44 Spitfire rollover? NOW ROAD ATLANTA

To: n197tr4@cs.com, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Group 44 Spitfire rollover? NOW ROAD ATLANTA
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:25:19 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 02/23/2012 9:16:50 AM Central Standard Time,
n197tr4@cs.com writes:

> Anyone have a report on recent Road Atlanta event with VCDA?

I understand that the event went well enough, but it sure had a very sad
wrap up.  Long time Florida/Minnesota racer, Bob Youngdahl, was killed in an
accident while unloading at his shop in Sarasota.  Apparently a winch hook
holding the ramp/door in place came loose during the trip from Atlanta, and
when Bob went to open it, it came crashing down, struck and killed him.  Very,
very sad.  John Daniels (A/H & Sunbeam Tiger), another Minnesota racer and
close friend of Bob's, said they raced together and had a ball at the event.

We often forget that the trailer/towing aspects of our hobby are also very
dangerous.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com