fot

Re: [Fot] Almost ready for Mitty, kind of almost

To: <cwnfot@gmail.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Almost ready for Mitty, kind of almost
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:06:11 -0400
Sender: fot-bounces@autox.team.net
Update:  Pulled the valve cover and cranked the engine over with a wrench.
Valve train appears intact. Pulled the oil pan and again rotated things around
with a wrench and crank and connecting rods all look in one piece. Could the
flywheel bolts have broke?  I guess we will pull the transmission tomorrow
night and see what things look like back there.  Then possibly pull the head?
It did throw the fan belt and the water pump would have been spinning but when
i turn the water pump by hand I don't hear any noises. And that rotating noise
I describe in my earlier email was loud enough that my wife heard it in the
house (windows open) which is about 30 feet from my shop.  ah, tomorrow is
another day. And saturday and Sunday and........ Marty