fot

Re: [Fot] Quarter Master clutches (spitfire)

To: "Brad Kahler" <bkahler1@gmail.com>, "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Quarter Master clutches (spitfire)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 14:39:32 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1336073955; bh=pwo4Ykb/8Oe+zPGHF14zTsx/rPxiuDSYJAXXZ4UIEPM=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=Q9UEK12YJdw0xg6Lh/UOcoIvvYiXAxsn9qBhUXq4WvmmFycQ6AIA5Tm/MgbFOh/4lY1z7HGsCna/uOQTw0TAXN/O14sQSNKC/IS0TetO1wZrbbxvrNxkow59cWXniQ+RfhUa+m+OM3BYWNcK8zTlreFu5LBjwQT61NHnF8dd+iA=
Sender: fot-bounces@autox.team.net
After I chewed up a flywheel/clutch, my engine builder hung a Quartermaster on my car. We did have some difficulties getting it to work right at first, eventually traced not to the Quartermaster setup but to the throwout arm/bearing in my bellhousing. Once we finally got that chased down, the QM has worked fine.

But it is a bit of an on/off switch, to the point I find it difficult to drive the car on the trailer. So now we usually push it on, which with at least two pushing ain't so hard.

--Rocky Entriken
 #4 Spitfire (HP race, GP solo)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Kahler" <bkahler1@gmail.com>