fot

Re: [Fot] MPH towing...

To: <limeyv8@aol.com>, <billdentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] MPH towing...
From: Tony and Annie Garmey <horizonracing@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 07:22:50 -0700
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Sender: fot-bounces@autox.team.net
Our trip to the Mitty From Seattle (2777miles each way) in our "new" 2001
Frieghtliner semi. Gross weight of 57K for this trip. With a head wind at
70mph was 5.2 and with a tail wind was 7.0 !  The best part is you only need
to change down from 10th to 9th for 98% of the hills at 45-55 mph. Comparied
to the F650 we had (POS) that thing could only do 25-35mph over the hills.

YES, I run Bronze guides..LOL

Tony G.

> From: LimeyV8@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 00:37:40 -0400
> To: BillDentin@aol.com
> CC: fot@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Fot] MPH towing...
>
> I get about 12mpg with my 2002 Chevy Avalanche loaded to the gills and
towing
> a TR6 or TR8 on an open trailer
>
> I'd like my next tow vehicle to be a Dodge with the Cummins diesel engine -
> hear great mileage stories from current owners of those
>
> Cheers,
> Jack Mc
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On May 16, 2012, at 4:05 PM, BillDentin@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Amici...
> >
> > I towed to and from the MITTY using my 'vintage' tow vehicle.  I tow with
> > 1995 Chevrolet One Ton Cargo Van.  This is a low mileage vehicle (just
> > turned past 80,000 miles) and has the early 6.5 liter diesel engine.
That's

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/horizonracing@msn.com