fot

Re: [Fot] more... KASTNER CUP PLANNING FOR 2014 - PLEASE READ

To: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>, "Walter Hollowell" <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] more... KASTNER CUP PLANNING FOR 2014 - PLEASE READ
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:26:48 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net, Jim Guthrie <irl27@aol.com>
swms.com seems to be a web parking site. so I'm not getting any love
from it.  www.napaspeedway.com doesn't say anything about when the
SWMS events are run.

It's about a 20 hour drive for me which may be doable, Mosport is
just a little closer.  It would be helpful to know about when in the
year this event could be scheduled for.

I think the main thing needed is to figure out if the date could work
(to me, depending on normal weather - ie not blazingly hot, Sept /
Oct / Nov would be good) and determine who would spearhead the
event.  Sounds like Walt and Lunker are good candidates there.  Of
course, the Mosport side is still being discussed, so I still
consider it a tentative event.  That one's in June - it's an awesome
track to run, I was thinking of going back there in 2013 as the Kas
Cup is closer to home that year but would delay a year to have a
return trip coincide with a stronger Triumph showing.  From the
Napaspeedway site, I'm kinda getting an IRP (Indianapolis Raceway
Park) vibe - road track that could use a bit more love with an oval
nestled inside.  Make the front straight also be a drag strip and
it'd be closer.  I liked that track, too bad we don't go there anymore.

Tony Drews