fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire Misfifre Part 2

To: Tim Murphy <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire Misfifre Part 2
From: Jamie <tr6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 23:23:31 -0400
Cc: "<nedyno@gmail.co>" <nedyno@gmail.co>, "<fot@autox.team.net>" <fot@autox.team.net>, "<net@newenglandtriumphs.org>" <net@newenglandtriumphs.org>
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=z7uMaUkbJIOIYHLBqJj7G7NpHIu95aatFI7OO7OTlu6xJGWBEaFkxBQ3az7vQBZ5NOo9mKx8nA15Vm6yTyC+YPkHDlAfkOaa0eWMRdLbstFfWcfB9JHGdpq/t+ngr0xc6gbAddg3HQoeTdWqDnYbPwCJ1cTVzu/8lEF5usILZOE= ; s=s1024; t=1344137012; bh=f5qqMVdj/Bh9M7GRch35dxfgRR50eogaAStDu9DGNOc=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:References:In-Reply-To:Mime-Version:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:Message-Id:Cc:X-Mailer:From:Subject:Date:To; b=F/NQuzGoB2+WYOJ9vrMgr4A+k7xwKuWINuNi8Q1HupPGLqYcTRugXwWmwOkqm/j72CMy6N1UWY0927HMsoKgsxI9mMKd59wNnIMsS2I+U2S3OCvJ1/AKt9RTYg2nIeGxgU5ne/03ph12ooK6dVY7XSYxxtKj/AYLxM540UJskyM= HXv3Z9IzKwNnhbvyD4DYp7WvRuMUd5iIhu.iF6wdS_tlgkm.lF8cu9LPzQc3 4F60Va6hz_5VIiWFc60F6T.q9ARchEO4.qzKEyDvYP2uLM6WabPZLaW.K_KK 1izNcYX78WdN7t0NmnnZ3JyssEa6CWKUVGEqOMyDkCtFK6HPvTuPQVgqieZp qcKK0ONjAe0pvDVaxkX3ZabyGAz0bk6ZrDHBT_SvL7V61S8a4cBWAC2eITBY ckwAb7a8vtOueS.Ncvk6Is7ByqktInBb63XXOKN.IvEf17MgrXMwUmqeuaQp 91e5_sb_9HHjE.nionAEtgrBPX.BYnyNaAmv5stutch72dz6Ut6cGwMDgq3x 9bHYGyisK7YXtgeGc8icArGzl7NvvpWkQa.t1M0okp.N55xm4t_OE9Fa.e_x fXtrZVBDFfC7.xQCx2xi2.y_7jyC4STTDaqir7FncoSpYPdluKQd0ab_7x6A nXZc.OAFv3WN.OKvIdQ--
Experienced this today with a tr6 engine startup.  Check your valve clearances
on 1 and 4.  Lack of compression = lack of firing.  We had valves too tight.
Took us 3-4 hours to figure it out...

Jamie Palmer

On Aug 4, 2012, at 10:51 PM, "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com> wrote:

> Have you tried the old trick of spraying carb cleaner around the intake
> manifold and carb mounting on #1 and #4 to see if you somehow have a
massive
> intake leak causing a very lean mixture and the misfire?
>
> Tim

Kas