fot

Re: [Fot] Anti Runon Valve ADU9535

To: <riverside@southslope.net>, "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>, "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Anti Runon Valve ADU9535
From: "William Dewar" <pcdelux@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:30:19 -0400
Cc: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
The later cars that used the anti-runon had carbs that were plumbed
differently than the 68-71 versions. They also had a different oil pressure
switch to momentarily activate anti-run on shut down. I do not have a TR6
manual handy but looking at the emissions and wiring diagram on a 75-76 TR6
should explain it.I don't think it was designed just to cause a large vacuum
leak but to mess with the vacuum-pressure balance in the carb behind the
throttle plate. You probably can make it work on an earlier carb setup, just
not exactly as designed for the later one. They also had much lower
compression which probably aided shut down. It would be interesting to hear
if any one on the list has made it work on an early car.

Bill DeWar
NJTA