fot

Re: [Fot] Carrillo Rod Bolts

To: "'marty sukey'" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Carrillo Rod Bolts
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 13:49:15 -0500
I recently installed Carrillo rods in the TR4 engine.  The bolts are 3/8
inch SPS CARR S6's and are marked "S6-S-A13".
The free length was 1.850 and a stretch of 0.007 inch required 50 FT-LB of
torque.  I used the Loctite anti-Seize compound supplied by Carrillo.  I
would think Carrillo could give you the length of the new S4 (1/4 inch)
bolt. If your bolts are within a couple of thousandths of that dimension you
would be okay.  If they are beyond the 0.007 stretch then they have been
over torqued beyond their yield point and would have to be replaced.

Tim