fot

Re: [Fot] Data Acquisition - experience with Innovate Motorsports?

To: Alexandre Camoletti <ac@camoletti.ch>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Data Acquisition - experience with Innovate Motorsports?
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 16:56:51 -0500
Cc: 'FOT' <fot@autox.team.net>
A couple of friends and I played several months with the Innovate stuff
for an engine dyno.  We sent it back to Innovate twice.  Had lots of
problems with RF interference from all sorts of sources. Was also
sensitive to the USB to RS-232 conversion cable.  Could never get
consistent readings with it.  Finally the SSI-4 box quit and we gave up
rather than sending it back a third time.  Some of their stuff may be
OK, but our experience trying to record direct to the computer was very bad.

I have still not found a cam grinder.  I have been busy restoring my
TR250, which is now done and looks great.
Larry Young