fot

Re: [Fot] Racing a Triumph TRANSMISSIONS

To: mlcooknj@msn.com, ponobill@gmail.com, kaskas@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing a Triumph TRANSMISSIONS
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:29:49 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Mike...

WOW!  Interesting dossier on David Hobbs' Dad.

Incidentally, David Hobbs now owns a Honda dealership in Glendale,
Wisconsin (Milwaukee suburb), and at a cocktail party there one time the VSCDA
brought a bunch of vintage sports cars to be on display in the shop (which
actually got scrubbed clean for the event).  Anyway I brought our Tornado
Thunder
Bolt and David Hobbs got all excited.  He brought a picture down from his
office of that Lotus referred to in the article and the Thunder Bolt racing
over in England.  I asked him if the Thunder Bolt was getting ready to lap him
in the picture.  He did not think that was very funny and promised to tell
me some time just how ill-mannered the Thunder Bolt was when it was first
built.  I see David at Road America from time to time, but still have not
heard the rest of the story.  I hope to someday because David Hobbs is a Hell
of
a story teller.  When he and Brian Redman get together you are guaranteed
to split a gut laughing.

Bill Dentinger