fot

Re: [Fot] Best distributor/ignition for TR4 - conclusion

To: ponobill@gmail.com, sjanzen@me.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Best distributor/ignition for TR4 - conclusion
From: fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:41:06 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
 The 45 has the bigger cap to prevent spark-scatter and some of the caps even
had internal ribs cast inside for that.
The early 45 points type has the asymmetrical cam and the advance is easy to
modify.
For those still using points, the later electronic 45s can be fitted with a
"eurospec" shaft assembly, with late cam and usually less mechanical advance.
HTH
Glen