fot

Re: [Fot] Tappets

To: "'MadMarx'" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>, "'triumph friends'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tappets
From: "Steve Yott" <tr4@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 18:27:41 -0600
This could be a fun thread.... I learned many years ago that flat tappets
were intentionally made with a very slight crown which helps establish
rotation of the tappet while riding on the camshaft.  The cam lobe is
normally offset from the centerline of the tappet in order to help with the
rotation of the tappet also.  There are several companies here that grind
tappets and all that I know of grind a crown on them.

I would like to hear what the rest of the masses have to say about this
subject as I am always ready to learn!

Steve Yott