fot

Re: [Fot] Another sponsorship for Levy's next book?

To: tony@tonydrews.com, yellow04@tr4racer.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Another sponsorship for Levy's next book?
From: billdentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:36:30 -0500 (EST)
Agreed - lets do something positive.  I'm sure we all have our piles
f broken bits / trophies.  I've got a beat up corner of a car I
olled hanging in the garage as wall art - and as a reminder that
eeping the wheels on the car is important.  I like the Jimmy Coan /
anky F tribute and the Kas Cup winners tribute ideas.
"Self depreciation" has always been a favorite kind of humor for me.  Probably
because it comes so easy to me.  But other, the GREAT, often use self
depreciation
as a method to get their public to react, "Are you kidding?  You're GREAT!"
Thanks to the likes of Kas, Tullius, and literally thousands of shade tree
efforts TRIUMPH can do the same.  TRIUMPH's record is GREAT!  And there has
always
been a lot of that 'inside self depreciation humor' among the FOT. I'll bet
not
everyone knows that our orginal FOT logo, when drawn by Greg Petrolati, used
the
the passing and debris flags vice passing and checkered.  A faded copy of that
still
sits on the front of my enclosed trailer.  But we, rightfully, chose the
latter.
Burt Levy's books and style sure lend themselves to such tongue in cheek
humor.
And old Blackhawk Farms racers will tell you that Burt Levy's run in TRIUMPHs
was a personification of the perverbial rusty, tacky TR3 nickle rocket.  BUT
they will
also tell you that he went fast.  So such self-depreciating humorous, and
inside jokes
work for TRIUMPH, but in this case, I vote with Tony (and others) that we take
the High
Road and do something classy.  I'm in.
Bill Dentinger