fot

Re: [Fot] HANS Device

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@spitfire4.com> a=4XwCEAaBuO8A:10 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=f4DJVqQRat4myJgO9q+V/w==:17 a=mkkZP590AAAA:8 a=xFKyJiilAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=JcvzPq48AAAA:8 a=71lkoXGV3NT0TuGEN9YA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=J0aUVQLP0FIA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=LuNFSA0Xe1kA:10 a=o6OwA3o9ZFcA:10 a=f4DJVqQRat4myJgO9q+V/w==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0
Subject: Re: [Fot] HANS Device
From: John Hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 18:59:14 -0500
Cc: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
PS:  also make sure your seat back is not too far forward at the top so your
head can slant slightly back and you have free movement in all directions
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 2, 2013, at 6:49 PM, John Hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com> wrote:

> GForce also does the anchors to your hat. If possible I would go to your
dealer and try on all the sizes with your hat.  I found the "recommended" size
was not the best for me when it was actually fitted. Be sure and get the
theather straps that slide through their mounts.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 2, 2013, at 6:26 PM, "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com> wrote:
>
>> They're all good. A HANS is a HANS by that name, other similar devices are
knockoffs under different names and personally I like the original. I also
don't like the idea of being trussed up in some collection of straps, just the
HANS sitting on my shoulders (and under my shoulder belts) works just fine,
thanks. Simple and elegant.

>> But prices vary. I have the Hans Sport. It's nice, relatively low-cost, and
the "extra weight" is negligible for a club racer doing 30-45 minute events.
It might be a consideration for a guy doing a 4-hour NASCAR or triple-stints
at the Daytona 24, but then those guys can afford the high-dollar carbon-fibre
lightweight models.

>> SafeRacer has some good prices on them. Be sure you get the right model --
they vary both for your neck size and how you sit in your car (laydown,
upright).

>> I buy my helmets direct from Simpson. Last one I bought I had Simpson put
the HANS anchors in for me. That way I knew they were in the right place (the
location matters). BTW, HANS anchors work with a HANS, maybe not with the
other brands of head & neck devices.

>> I did not get the "easy-off" anchor release feature. I found it was very
easy to pop the HANS straps off my helmet (once I learned how) and didn't need
any extra straps dangling down to do it.

<list@mackenzie.aero>

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/rocky@spitfire4.com