fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 Camshafts

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 Camshafts
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 11:10:35 -0600
I can't tell you how the power curves would compare, but generally, if
you have a motor which is capable of higher revs you will want to use a
cam with more duration, i.e. valve open longer.  I beat this subject to
death at my website http://tildentechnologies.com/. In my opinion, for a
7 to 8,000 RPM motor you probably want at least 260 degrees duration at
0.050 lift.  What kind of cams are the other hot GT6 racers running?
Larry Young