fot

Re: [Fot] VSCDA BANQUET 2 February13 Janet Guthrie HONORED GUEST and Spe

To: n197tr4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] VSCDA BANQUET 2 February13 Janet Guthrie HONORED GUEST and Speaker
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:58:12 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: BillDentin
In a message dated 01/15/2013 10:25:17 AM Central Standard Time,
n197tr4@cs.com writes:

> I have not attended in recent years because of winter and distance, but
> rethinking it with our involvement with VSCDA this year with the KASTNER
> CUP.....and it doesnt interfere with DISTRICT and STATE wrestling
> tournaments.
> :-)
>
> VSCDA.org   for details.  Anyone else in?   It would be a good time to get
> together, and a good time.

Joe...

Bob Wismer and I usually attend this banquet, but this year we both have
family conflicts.  Down through the years it has always been a great way to
get together with fellow racers during the winter.  VSCDA is doing something
different for 2013, and holding the event in conjunction with another 'auto
club' group.  Not sure of the impact this will have, nor how it will work
compared to what they have done in the past, but regardless...I wish I was able
to go as their speaker and honored guest is Janet Guthrie, who is one
classy lady and was one heck of a driver.  Granted she is best known as a
female
Motorsports trail blazer, but more than a few believe that all she lacked
was top shelf equipment and she would have been a record setter.  Look what
she did in TransAm and without a Major Team effort.  A few years back she
graced a Beady Eye VINTAGE TRIUMPH Racing Team wine and cheese party at Road
America with her presence.  She's both a great sport, and one classy lady.  Her
book:  Janet Guthrie-A Life at Full Throttle is a very good read and
recommended.

Bill Dentinger