fot

Re: [Fot] six inch wheels and dot racing tires

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] six inch wheels and dot racing tires
From: Rich Rock <rikrock@live.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:37:00 -0500
John,

 The only use of GT6 front axles I have seen on a TVR was done on the earlier
(pre-1972) models, and it required use of a GT6 vertical link and custom-made
hubs to accomodate the 4x4-1/2" pattern (same as big TR) on the wheels.  Gt6
axles are larger diameter, even in the tapered section which fits in the
upright, and they won't fit in the Spitfire/Herald  uprights used on the
(pre-72) Vixens and Granturas .  They won't go in the TR6 upright used on the
post-1972 TVR's either.  Through the 60's and 70's used the Tr4-6 front axles
and hubs.  Most interesting is that those front axles fit in the
Herald/Spitfire uprights!

 I suppose if a GT6 driver wanted to use a  wheel with a 4-1/2" bolt circle
instead of the stock 3-3/4" they might consider trying to adapt a TR4-6 front
hub.  Is that what you have seen done?

Rich Rock

.
fot@autox.team.net