fot

[Fot] My longest drive in a TR

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] My longest drive in a TR
From: Ken Suhre <kenandtweety@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:30:36 -0800 (PST)
Friends,
  My longest drive took place in November 1959. I had taken a vacation to
visit a Porsche owner I had befriended when his Speedster blew a timing gear
near my Dad's farm. We stored it there until he could return to tow it back to
the Air Force base at Alamagodo, NM, where he was stationed as a musician.
 The day before I was planning to return home, I twisted off an axle in the
diff at a stop sign. We located a new part and installed it on a sand lot near
the offbase home he rented. Since I was already one day late returning to
work, I drove my '56 TR 3 straight through back home, covering 1125 miles in
22 hours. No-doz wasn't having much effect on me by the time I arrived home. I
had run my first Sports Car race in that car the previous September. Maybe why
I broke an axle some time later.
Ken Suhre
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com